Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

Now that it is the year 2011 and winter is fully upon us, I am reminding myself of why I am truly here in Ohio... (I could be in Oregon working with the Astoria Dragon Kiln and community working on their empty bowls project and spending time with my great friend Richard Rowland)
But I have chosen to stay here this winter so that I will be able to finish building my Anagama kiln here in Ramsey.
I found a passage that reflects my journey and motivates me to continue...
"Anagama potters choose to build and construct their kilns in arduous circumstances; the story of their construction becomes part of the narrative of their ceramics. In a world where many people try to take the easiest route; their story often reads like the document of an explorer, struggling against the odds to achieve unknown results" -David Jones from 'Firing'

No comments: