Monday, November 7, 2011

Ready for another Firing!


Well just about ready... With 9 days left until I begin loading the Kiln I finished throwing the last of the pots today! (600 pounds of clay total!)
I have roughly 5 cords of wood cut and stacked in with the Kiln and stored in my makeshift wood shack (utilizing the old house on the property). We still have a small pile of coal to use, but I am going to try and get some more before the firing.
We coated the Kiln in a second layer of insulation mortar! Hopefully it will get hot!!!
For the second firing we will go a little slower. I will take three days to load the Kiln, and then spend two days with a warm up fire in the very front of the Kiln, then I am planning on a 60-70 hour firing and hopefully we will be able to use the side stoke areas to throw some wood in!


No comments: